70+ Aircraft Flight School training South African and International Students including a number of Airline Pilot Training Programs
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
Piper single and multi-piston engine aircraft through to single and multi-turbine engine aircraft
Boeing 737NG and A320
South African Civil Aviation Authority
ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4, South African Aviation Medical (Class 2) and 17 Years or older on Qualification,
43 Air School opened on January 12, 1942, and commenced training under the command of Wing Commander F.W.H. Hall. Its Port Alfred campus is located in the Eastern Cape Coastal belt of South Africa, known as the “Sunshine Coast” in addition to this it has 2 additional campuses. The coastal climate presents a variety of weather conditions, exposing students to fair weather flying and the more challenging conditions associated with frontal systems. This allows training on basic and advanced levels without the need to travel to and from other areas.
NO OTHER TRAINING ORGANISATION ON THE CONTINENT CAN OFFER YOU
• 70+ Permanent and Contracted Instructors supervised by Senior Flight Management Teams with Extensive Experience in the Airline, Air Force and Charter Industries
• More than 50 Excellently Maintained Aircraft available daily for training
• 30+ Years of Pilot Training experience
• Over 6,000 Pilots graduated successfully
• State of the Art Technology and E-Offerings geared to ensure Seamless Training
• Numerous Training Aids and Programs available, from Entry to Advanced Levels
• Approved Aviation Maintenance Mechanic and Air Traffic Control Courses
• Simulators in 3 Locations covering Ab-Initio, Corporate and Airline Pilot Training
• Modern Campus Facilities and Equipment ensure all student needs are catered for
• 240 Full-Time Staff ensuring Maximum Focus on Training
• Pre-Course COMPASS™ Assessment Tool giving an Exact Objective Result of Student Potential
• Dedicated Ground School Facilities staffed by Professional Lecturers
• ATC Simulator used to Improve Aviation, English and Mental Orientation
• Pilot Shop to cater for all your needs on Campus
• Great Safety Record in all aspects of Aviation Training
A fleet of over 70 fixed-wing aircraft, comprising of Piper single and multi-piston engine aircraft through to single and multi-turbine engine aircraft. Numerous fixed-based simulators from entry to advanced levels, including Boeing 737NG and A320 simulators.
GENERAL FLYING AREA
43 Air School has the largest General Flying (GF) area in South Africa. This allows training on basic and advanced levels without wasting time and money flying to your GF area.
CAMPUS AND ACCOMMODATION
Students are accommodated on a Spacious and Secure Campus. Each student has a single room, and a group of four rooms shares a shower and toilet. Each block has a central lounge and kitchenette. Rooms have study areas with overhead reading lamps, and Wi-Fi facilities are available. The Housekeeping Service includes a room cleaning and laundry service. “Refuel”, the dining hall, provides three meals per day and caters to various cultural requirements, inclusive of an on-base Halaal kitchen. Single en-suite accommodation is available in limited quantities and is being expanded. The Residential Campus provides a secure and productive learning environment. Sports facilities include a tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court, soccer field, and a mini-golf course. On-site recreational amenities include a bar, cafeteria, swimming pool, gymnasium, games room, television lounges with satellite TV/DVD and an indoor recreational center with a well-stocked pilot shop.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
The School has a complete Infrastructure specifically designed for Management and Conducting of Flight Operations and Training Activities. The Crew Room and Flight Planning Room has a tea and coffee lounge for pre and post-flight relaxation. It is conveniently located near the Operations Centre and the Flight Line. Each Flight Instructor has a well-equipped Briefing Office. This allows for thorough one-on-one pre and post-flight briefings in a private environment.