6 Aircraft Flight School with JET A1 powered aircraft offering both flight training and simulator training (Airbus Ratings)
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
4 JET A1 Cessna 172, 1 Avgas Cessna 172, 1 Barron 55
Flight Navigation Procedures Trainer (FNPT) II
South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
At least 16 years old,. Class I or II Medical Certificate
Africa Aviation Academy, located at Rand Airport, has more than 13 years of experience in flight training striving to provide clients with safe, quality flight training, a fleet of well-maintained modern aircraft and a team of dedicated staff who will always go the extra mile to ensure flight training is conducted seamlessly in a professional and friendly environment.
- Private Pilot License (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
- Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
- Night Rating
- Multi-Engine Rating
- Instrument Rating
- Instructors Rating
- Simulator Training: Airbus A320/A330/A340 Rating
Why join Africa Aviation Academy?
- Africa Aviation Academy has a special program that takes student pilots from zero experience to Airbus A320, A330 or A340 rating.
- Based at Rand airport, just east of Johannesburg, gives students the best of both worlds. Not only will you be training in a beautiful, scenic environment but you will also be training at one of the busiest training airports in South Africa. The experience gained from learning to fly in an environment where you will be operating at a fully controlled airport in controlled airspace not only gives students access to a host of facilities which are not available at smaller less equipped airfields but also gives students the confidence they will need to successfully transition to a career in aviation.
- One of the most modern training fleets in South Africa. The aircraft fleet were carefully selected so that the school can offer safe, efficient and cost effective training on aircraft that are not only of a high quality but that are also fun and enjoyable to fly. The primary fleet consists of the basic trainer which is the Cessna 172 Jet A1 powered, the Cessna 172 is an internationally utilized basic trainer and is statistically the safest single engine trainer in the world incorporating a FADEC system, ensures safety and allows students to capture the skills required for flying in a modern aircraft. All multi-engine training is conducted on the Baron 55. The baron is a phenomenal aircraft more than capable of meeting all multi-engine training needs in comfort and in style.
Africa Aviation Academy offers complete flight training, whether you choose to fly for pleasure or you wish to make a career as a pilot, they can provide you with an approved course tailored to your specific needs and budget.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY” button and send us a message.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot click here to see all the countries that we cover.