7 Aircraft Flight School offering Diploma Courses and VET Student Loans
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
Beechcraft 58 Baron, Beechcraft 76 Duchess, Cessna 152, Cessna 172
Elite I-Gate Simulator
VET Student Loans
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
18 years of age and hold an appropriate immigration visa, Class 1/2 medical, willing to undergo an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) check, English Language 5.5 IELTS or TOEFL 530 (paper based)
Air Gold Coast, located at the Gold Coast International Airport, was established in 1968, originally as an Aircraft Maintenance company, Air Gold Coast is one of the longest operating general aviation business in Australia. Over the years the company has expanded and in 2001 introduced Flight Training and shortly thereafter commenced Aircraft Charter services. The company continued expanding its wings investing in a multi-million dollar world class Flight Training facility and adding a corporate jet to its training, charter and management capabilities.
Air Gold Coast has become one of Australia’s most successful and reputable aviation businesses and Flight Training providers, producing quality private and airline ready commercial pilots. The Air Gold Coast mission is to provide the highest quality in training, aircraft maintenance and aircraft charter by conducting all activities in a positive and professional manner. The company maintains a culture of integrity, honesty and safety in addition to providing a reliable and efficient service to all clients. The vision is for Air Gold Coast to expand and grow into one of the premier aviation training companies in the world training both domestic and international students to a standard that will enable them to secure positions in the aviation industry throughout the world.
Air Gold Coast is a Registered Training Organisation with CRICOS approval for International Students. Located in Queensland's Gold Coast International Airport. Air Gold Coast offers an outstanding environment to commence your flying adventure or career. Air Gold Coast provides modern facilities, quality aircraft and professionally friendly Instructors to create an excellent learning opportunity for students of all ages and backgrounds. The school offers both full time and part time flexible training programs to suit your needs. Air Gold Coast is a Registered Training Organisation and CRICOS Provider offering:
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Diploma of Aviation, Commercial Pilot Licence-Aeroplane
- Diploma of Aviation, Instrument Rating
- Diploma of Aviation, Instructor Rating
- Endorsements and Ratings
- Introductory/Discovery Flights
- Scenic Flights
Air Gold Coast is proud to be an independent provisional VET Student Loan provider and is approved by the Department of Education, Employment and workplace Relations (DEEWR) to offer VET Student Loans to eligible students enrolled in the nationally accredited courses. The School is registered as a quality Flight Training provider with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) as a Registered Training Organisation to deliver Vocational Education and Training (VET) services.
Prospective students can apply for a VET Student Loan to help pay for their training for the following courses
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence-Aeroplane) - Integrated course (theory and flying) for candidates with no flying experience
- AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating) - Integrated course (theory and flying) for candidates with CPL
- AVI50510 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor) -Integrated course (theory and flying) for candidates with a CPL
Eligible students are able to borrow the maximum amount available to them under VET Student Loans. The maximum amount available in 2017 is $100,879.00 in total and $75,000.00 for each AVI course. The VET Student Loans limit is indexed on 1 January every year. Fees not classified as a tuition fee by the Australian Government, cannot be deferred. A loan fee of 20% applies to full fee paying students undertaking VET Student Loans. The loan fee will be applied to the amount of VET Student Loan assistance provided and this fee will be included in the students VET Student Loan debt.
The Australian Government pays the amount of the loan direct to Air Gold Coast. The student then repays the loan through the Australian taxation system once their repayment income is above the minimum repayment threshold for compulsory repayment. VET Student Loans is a loan from the Australian Government that must be repaid in full and is not subsidised. Voluntary Repayments may be made at any time, regardless of income. You can make voluntary repayments to reduce your VET Student Loan debt at any time. VET Student Loans provides loans for tuition fees only. VET Student Loans does not cover accommodation and general expenses.
Prospective students maybe eligible for VET Student Loans assistance for unit of study if:
- They are an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study for which the candidate is seeking VET Student Loans assistance;
- Are undertaking study as a full fee-paying student or will be undertaking study as an eligible subsidised student in a reform or territory;
- Are enrolled on or before the administration/census date in an eligible VET unit of study and remain enrolled in the unit until the end of the census date;
- Have completed and submitted a valid request for VET Student Loans assistance on or before the administration date for the VET course of study, of which the unit forms a part;
- Meet the tax file number requirements; and
- Have not exceeded the VET Student Loan maximum limit.
- Meet the VET Student Loan Entry requirements.
- Meet Air Gold Coast Entry requirements, Policies and Procedures