17 Aircraft flight school focussed on full-time integrated airline pilot training of both Domestic and International Students
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
7 Piper Tomahawk PA38, 4 Cessna 152, 4 Cessna 172, 1 Piper Archer/Warrio PA28, 1 Diamond Twin Star DA42
AT21 and Fasca Mentor
Please click the yellow CONTACT NOW button
Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand
High School Diploma
Air Hawkes Bay (AHB) is a wholly-owned company of Air Hawkes Bay & East Coast Aero Club Inc and operates from the Hastings Aerodrome. The flight school specialises in providing full-time integrated fixed wing pilot flight training for both domestic and international students, and air charter services. Air Hawkes Bay was the first NZ training provider to be accredited with CAA Part 141. Air Hawkes Bay facilities are located at Hasting Airport. It is situated on the Heretaunga Plains 2 kilometers south of the western suburbs of Hastings and 4 kilometers from the Hastings City center.
Air Hawkes Bay has eighteen experienced instructors to operate an aircraft fleet that includes Piper Tomahawks and Cherokees, Cessna 152 and 172s (glass cockpit) and a Diamond Twin Star. The flight training is conducted using 7 Piper PA-38’s, 4 C152’s, 4 C172 (2 equipped with G1000), Piper PA-28 and state of the art DA42 equipped with Garmin G1000. Their simulator room is equipped with AT-21 authorized for full IR and authorized Frasca Mentor for Garmin G1000.
Due to its location students enjoy clear skies and generally more stable weather conditions meaning that they spend more time actually behind the controls of an aircraft. The main runway is 3500ft long, sealed and has night lighting installed. The parallel grass runway is 3000ft long. There are two Instrument Approaches into Hastings and up to six different Instrument Approaches within five minutes from take-off at Hastings. All Approaches are available for Instrument training which is excellent for the IR training.
For domestic students student loan borrowing is available through Air Hawkes Bay and a local credit union - please click the yellow CONTACT NOW button to learn more about this.
The Flight School has trained a large number of International students including Indian, Chinese, Indonesian and Hong Kong students
Unique features of this training institutes are:
- Student fees are Government protected
- Internship programme offered by Air Hawkes Bay providing more hours and advanced course outcomes that enhances employment prospects.
- 90% + of our Pilot Training Diploma Graduates are employed in the Aviation Industry – Alumni.
- Achieved an average course pass rates of 90% since 2012.
- Operate an instructor and student ratio of 1:3
- Air Hawkes Bay technology provides students with advanced learning tools i.e. iPads and Go-Pro cameras
- Being the Owner and Operator of the Hastings Aerodrome allows no landing and airways charges for local flights.
- All theory and flying (including night flying and IFR) is conducted onsite at the Hastings Aerodrome