Airline Pilot Training Academy which is a partnership between Air Arabia and Alpha Aviation Group and offers 1,500 hours of guaranteed airline experience on Air Arabia's Airbus A320
Commercial Pilot License, Type Rating
Flight Training is done in Australia, the UAE or the Philippines
2x Airbus A320 Full Flight Simulators, 1x Airbus A320 Fixed Based Simulator
Between 17 - 35 years old and High School Diploma
Alpha Aviation Academy UAE, started operating in 2009 as a partnership with international pilot training group Alpha Aviation Group and one of the Middle East leading low cost airlines Air Arabia. Since then it has grown to become the largest Airline Pilot Training Program in the Middle East and the second largest Multi-Crew Pilot License Program (specific type of Airline Pilot Training Program) in the world after Lufthansa, with more than 400 graduates which have gone on to fly with Air Arabia. In 2018 and 2019 Alpha Aviation Academy won Middle East Aviation Training Provider of the Year. The Academy is located at Sharjah International Airport and is only half an hour drive away from Dubai International Airport.
The Academy does not offer Private Pilot License or Commercial Pilot License training and only offers an airline pilot training program known as Multi-Crew Pilot License which comes with 1,500 hours of experience on one of Air Arabia's Airbus A320 (ensuring that by the end of the program graduates will receive their Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)). This program is different to commercial pilot license training in that it includes more training on full flight simulators.
Alpha Aviation Academy UAE's program has unique advantages such as:
- Open to all nationalities as long as United Arab Emirates Visa can be obtained
- Open to anyone between the age of 17 and 35 which has a High School Diploma
- Offers guaranteed airline flying experience to 1,500 hours on Air Arabia's Airbus A320
The Academy currently has around 200 students in training and takes in around 80 per year. The applicants have to go through an assessment and selection process which ensures that the applicants are suited for pilot training as Alpha Aviation Academy UAE would like to ensure all its students graduate from the program and fly with Air Arabia. The entry assessment includes:
- Pilot enrolment aptitude test (which includes English, Mathematics, Physics, Psychomotor and other topics)
- Aero medical fitness test
- Panel interview
There is a height requirement by Alpha Aviation Academy UAE which is that applicants have to be between 1.55 and 1.95 m.
Once an applicant gets accepted into the program the training will look as follows and take approximately 22 to 24 months:
- Ground School - 14 ATPL subjects based on the European EASA standards
- Core Flying - 70 hours of flying on a single engine aircraft
- Different stages of simulator training including:
- Basic Flying - transition from single pilot to Multi-Crew Cooperation
- Intermediate Flying - application of Multi-Crew operations on an Airbus A320 simulator
- Advanced Flying - A lot of hours on an Airbus A320 Full Flight Simulator and A320 Type Rating
- Base Training - Several Take-Offs and Landings on an actual Airbus A320 aircraft
- Line Training - 1,500 hours of flying experience on an Airbus A320 or Airbus A321neo with Air Arabia to obtain an Airline Transport Pilot License ATPL
Anyone looking for a guaranteed place to become an airline pilot then Alpha Aviation Academy UAE should be considered.