High School Diploma
Cebu Aeronautical Technical School (C.A.T.S) located in Lahug, Cebu City, is an institution of higher learning that offers both 2 and 4-year degree programs that prepare students for careers in the aviation industry. Founded in 1953 Cebu Aeronautical Technical School has steadily grown into its current state and consistently strived to equip its students with the skills to thrive in the aeronautical industry.
If you have any questions about the training institute or training courses it offers please click the yellow "CONTACT NOW" button.
Aircraft maintenance courses on offer by Cebu Aeronautical Technical School are:
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering - 5 years - The demand for Aeronautical Engineers by the aviation industry in our country is steady and continuous. Career opportunities in this field are as varied and as open as the skies. The advancement of aerospace technology throughout the world is dependent to a large degree on Aeronautical Engineers. The present rate of growth in the industry has caused a constant need for qualified men in this field. The Aeronautical Engineering curriculum strives to prepare students for technology service and leadership and to make them adaptable to a variety of challenges in the aviation industry. Graduates of this profession are actively engaged in the work of planning, design, structure analysis, construction and repair, supervision, operation of systems and advanced facilities necessary in the development of the industry. Click here to see the curriculum.
- Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology - 4 years - The curriculum of the Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology prepares men and women for the highly technical field in aviation by imparting basic ideas and facts on how to maintain the aircraft for the purpose of high reliability and a high standard of safety. Furthermore, it provides the students with the fundamental knowledge of supervision and shop management. Furthermore, the curriculum is designed to cater to the aviation industries need for Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. The ladderized curriculum for the B.S. in Aircraft Maintenance Technology initially gives students a Certificate of Completion upon completing the course after two-years and becomes eligible to take the licensure exams at the CAAP. Completion of the four-year course entitles a degree which will qualify for a higher position in the aircraft maintenance field. Graduates of this profession are now actively engaged in the maintenance, construction and repair, fabrication of aircraft parts, supervision, operation of systems and advanced facilities of modern aircraft technology in the government and private aviation enterprise, both national and international. Click here to see the curriculum.
- Associate in Aircraft Maintenance Technology - 2 years -Aircraft Maintenance Technology is a two-year course designed to prepare the students for different self-oriented jobs in the highly specified field of aircraft maintenance. Students desiring to take this course must be mechanically inclined high school graduates. Comprehensive technical training both theoretical and practical is given on the maintenance, inspection, overhaul, repair, servicing and trouble-shooting of airframes, powerplants, propellers and accessories. Click here to see the curriculum.
Cebu Aeronautical Technical School location in Cebu gives students a mix of education and leisure with Cebu being known for its beautiful beaches and whale shark diving.
If you are about to START Aircraft Maintenance Training you will need the below:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Logbook - https://amzn.to/2wFGCC8
- If you are studying Airframe and Power Plant and are looking for additional study material we recommend checking out this Jeppesen A&P General Kit - https://amzn.to/2wEi2RW
If you are interested to read more about aircraft maintenance training, check out these books which we recommend:
- “Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Seventh Edition” (https://amzn.to/2jQSwzA) a valuable resource for students of aviation technology
- “Aviation Mechanic Handbook: The Aviation Standard” (https://amzn.to/2IConlz) a core reference for mechanics, aircraft owners and pilots