High School Diploma
Civil Aviation Training Center, also known as Center of Excellence in Aviation Training of Thailand, was founded in 1961 as a cooperative project between the United Nations Special Fund (UNSF), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Royal Thai Government. In 1966 the Thai Government undertook sole responsibility for the project and continued operating under the supervision of the Department of Aviation and the Ministry of Transport and Communication. Civil Aviation Training Center operates from three different locations with a presence in Bangkok and flight training centers in Hua Hin and Khon Kaen.
If you have any questions about the training institute or training courses it offers please click the yellow "CONTACT NOW" button.
Civil Aviation Training Center offers pilot training, aircraft maintenance training, cabin crew training among a number of other aviation courses. It has graduated in excess of 1,600 students with about 500 doing flight training and aircraft maintenance training. CATC has a fleet of 25 aircraft and 3 helicopter spread out of its 2 campus locations (Diamond and Cessna aircraft).
Pilot training courses on offer:
- Private Pilot License (for both Aeroplane and Helicopter)
- Commercial Pilot License (for both Aeroplane and Helicopter)
- Flight Training Program
- Instrument Rating
- Multi-Engine Rating
- Instructor Pilot Rating
- Airline Transport Pilot Knowledge for Aeroplane (ATPL)
- Aviation English
Aircraft maintenance courses on offer:
- Bachelor of Technology in Aviation (4 years)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Avionic Engineering - 4 years)
- Bachelor's of Technology in Aviation (2 years)
- Diploma Program in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License
- Diploma Program in Aircraft Maintenance - Aircraft Instruments
Cabin Crew course on offer:
- Basic Cabin Attendant
Civil Aviation Training Center Thailand currently does not own a full flight simulator so the type rating is done by another training organisation or an airline.
If you are about to START Aircraft Maintenance Training you will need the below:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Logbook - https://amzn.to/2wFGCC8
- If you are studying Airframe and Power Plant and are looking for additional study material we recommend checking out this Jeppesen A&P General Kit - https://amzn.to/2wEi2RW
If you are interested to read more about aircraft maintenance training, check out these books which we recommend:
- “Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Seventh Edition” (https://amzn.to/2jQSwzA) a valuable resource for students of aviation technology
- “Aviation Mechanic Handbook: The Aviation Standard” (https://amzn.to/2IConlz) a core reference for mechanics, aircraft owners and pilots