27 Aircraft Flight School, owned by Emirates Group (Emirates Airlines), which has its private Airport at Dubai World Central Airport
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
22x Cirrus SR22 and 5x Embraer Phenom 100EV
3x Cirrus SR22 FNPT II and 3x Embraer Phenom 100EV FTD Level II/MCC
At least 17 years old, High School Degree, English Language Proficiency exceeding TOEFL 510
Emirates Flight Training Academy (EFTA), a flight school subsidiary of the Emirates Group (which includes Emirates Airlines), opened in 2017 during the Dubai Airshow with the aim to be the most advanced flight training academy in the world. The flight school is located on a 164,000sqft corner at the edge of Dubai World Central Airport and has its own private airport with air traffic control tower, fire services, hangar and apron for 30 aircraft, plus an 1,800 meter runway and huge campus which includes 36 ground school classrooms and ground based simulators.
Advantages of Emirates Flight Training Academy:
- Become a Flight Training Cadet in Dubai, the city at the forefront of the air industry and a critical global hub, set to become the global aviation capital
- Fly the newest and most advanced training air fleet in the world
- Take advantage of integrated runway and facilities to get a unique in-flight training experience
- Join a technologically advanced programme
- State of the art facility
- You have to be at least 17 years old
- You must have a high school degree or O level
- Your English language proficiency has to meet or exceed TOEFL 510
- You have to be eligible for a UAE student visa
- You have to be in good physical health
Courses offered by Emirates Flight Training Academy:
- English Language Foundation Course - The Foundation English courses are divided into two phases based on your proficiency level. The duration for Phase 1 (Master the English Language) is four-and-a-half months, and Phase 2 (Learn the Language of Pilots) is six months.
- Aviation Science Programme - Over a period of 7 months, the Aviation Science course will introduce you to the technical and theoretical aspects of aviation. Some of the subjects you’ll study will include Meteorology, Principles of Flight, Navigation, Flight Planning, Aircraft Performance and a few more. There will also be site visits to places of interest, such as the ATC Tower and the Engineering Department.
- ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) Programme - consists of ATPL Ground School, Single-Engine flight training, MultiEngine Jet flight training, MCC and LOFT.
The curriculum of Emirates Flight Training Academy has been done in partnership with Boeing and is based on a competency focused approach and will ensure that cadets complete at least 1,100 hours of ground school and 315 hours of flight school, exceeding all regulatory requirements.
Emirates Flight Training Academy is the dedicated training center for the country's National Cadet Pilot Program and is open to International Students as well.