20 Aircraft Flight School which prides itself on being a client-based flight school (specific tailored training courses) with most students from overseas
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine
Cessna 172, Cessna Cutlass, Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Twin Comanche
South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
At least 16 years old, Medical Certificate
Flight Training Services (FTS) is a large pilot training school created by South African Airways Pilots located at Grand Central Airport, Midrand.
- Private Pilot License (PPL)
- Commercial License (CPL)
- Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
- Night Rating
- BCom Applied to Aviation
- Cessna Training
- Piper Training
Why join the school?
- The training fleet has over 20 aircraft including Cessna 172's, Piper P28A's, 172RG and Piper Twin Comanche that are all used for basic and advanced instruction.
- Flight Training Services prides itself on being a client-based flight school. Most of their students are from overseas and as a result, specifically tailored training courses are available.
- Instructors are available to any student who needs help with studying for exams and anything the student may need for his/her training. This allows the students to get the full training experience they need. With flexible training times, dedicated office staff and office hours the Flight Training Services student will be sure to receive a high level of service.
- Each student is assigned 2 instructors, a primary and a secondary, which ensures they never miss out on lessons, especially when the primary instructor is off duty or unable to fly.
The residential accommodation is all within 10 mins driving time from the airport. Any specific information about the accommodation that you may require can be requested by email.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “SPEAK WITH US” button and send us a message.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot click here to see all the countries that we cover.