20 Aircraft Flight School which prides itself on being a client-based flight school (specific tailored training courses) with most students from overseas
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
Cessna 172, Cessna Cutlass, Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Twin Comanche
South African Civil Aviation Authority
16 years or older at the time of application, Initial training deposit, All necessary application forms, An aviation medical and Client Passport or Identification
Flight Training Services (FTS) is a large pilot training school created by South African Airways Pilots located at Grand Central Airport, Midrand. The training fleet has over 20 aircraft including Cessna 172's, Piper P28A's, 172RG and Piper Twin Comanche that are all used for basic and advanced instruction.
- Private Pilot Licence Training
- Commercial Licence Training
- Airline Transport Pilot Training
- Night Rating Training
- BCom Applied to Aviation
- Cessna Training
- Piper Training
Why join the school?
- Flight Training Services prides itself on being a client-based flight school. Most of their students are from overseas and as a result, specifically tailored training courses are available.
- Instructors are available to any student who needs help with studying for exams and anything the student may need for his/her training. This allows the students to get the full training experience they need. With flexible training times, dedicated office staff and office hours the Flight Training Services student will be sure to receive a high level of service.
- Each student is assigned 2 instructors, a primary and a secondary, which ensures they never miss out on lessons, especially when the primary instructor is off duty or unable to fly.
The accommodation is all within 10 mins driving time from the airport. Any specific information about the accommodation that you may require can be requested by email.