7 Aircraft Indian Flight School with 4 bases of operations
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating
4 Cessna 172, 3 Cessna 152
IPT-ATC 710 single-engine. Elite S712 Single & Multi-engine Simulator
Passed 10th Standard or its equivalent from a recognized Board for entry to Private Pilot License, Passed 10 + 2 Non-Medical ( Physics & Maths) for Commercial Pilot Licence applicants as per CAR Section 7 Series ‘B’ Part 1 dt. 23rd August 1993 & The age limit of 17 years for flying solo is a must for admission (Rule 28 of Aircraft Rules 1937). Note: An oral exam is conducted to adjudge the basic knowledge and attitude of the student.
Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation (HICA) was established as India's leading flying training institute. By merging Karnal Aviation Club, Hissar Aviation Club and Pinjore Aviation Club all together,. HICA came into existence on April 1999. It is training pilots and engineers with its flying training centers in Karnal, Khera Pinjore, and Hisar to fulfill the flight requirements of pilots from different backgrounds.Courses offered:
- Student Pilot Licence
- Flight Radio Telephone Operator's (Restricted) Licence
- Private Pilot's Licence
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- Instructor Rating
- Flight Instructor Rating
- Assistant Flight Instructor Rating
- Classroom - Each branch of HICA is well equipped with excellent infrastructure. Classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled with multimedia projector, audiovisual aids, and computers. Ground facilities are provided for engine demonstration purposes.
- Facilities - HICA has a total of five (5) operating aerodromes and a fleet of seven (7) aircraft. In its Karnal branch, the academy operates two state-of-the-art simulators. The types of aircraft are Cessna 152, and Cessna 172. It has its two (2) fully operational simulators which are IPT-ATC 710 Single Engine, and Elite S712 Single and Multi engine simulator.
- Airfields - It has three (3) airfields which are HICA Karnal with a length of 3000ft and operates day and night, HICA Hisar with a length of 4000ft and operates day and night, and HICA Pinjore with a length of 3000ft and operates only on daytime.
All bases are fully operational for daytime operations. HICA Karnal & Hisar are the permitted bases approved by the Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA) to conduct night operations.
Residential accommodations facilities are available at all three (3) branches.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY” button and send us a message.
For more information on pilot training in India, check out How to become a Pilot in India.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot in a certain country, check out the How to become a Pilot Guides Aviationfly has created for more than 100 countries.