Botswana's leading flight school offering high quality private or commercial pilot license training to 35 students per year
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana
English Language Proficiency, Must be 17 years and older, Must pass a Class 1 CAAB (Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana) Medical Examination
Located in Kalahari Flying Club Premises in Gaborone Botswana, IAS Aviation Academy was established in 2013 with the sole purpose of becoming the premier aviation academy of choice in the region. On March 15th, 2016, IAS-Aviation Academy became the only flying school in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) to be accredited and certified by the esteemed International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This was through ICAO's flagship quality assurance certification called ICAO - TrainAir Plus. IAS Aviation Academy is considered to be Botswana's number 1 flying school. The Flight School achieves this high quality by limiting the yearly intake to 35 students.
- Private Pilot License
- Commercial Pilot License
- Instrument Flight Rating
- Multi-Engine Rating
- Flight Instructor Rating
Entry requirements for students:
- English Language Proficiency
- Legally, a person can start flying at any age they want and are able but must be 17 years and older to be able to fly solo. A person must be 18 years and older to hold a Private Pilot License, and/or a Commercial Pilots License. To hold an Airline Transport Pilot License, applicants must be 21 years and above
- Applicants must pass a Class 1 CAAB (Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana) Medical Examination for a Commercial Pilot License or higher. Applicants must pass a Class 2 CAAB Medical Examination for a Private Pilot License.
Why join the school?
- IAS -Aviation Academy has set the standard of international accreditation on quality in Botswana and the region
- The school is working tirelessly to be the leading aviation training hub of Southern Africa.
- IAS has the highest graduate absorption rate, compared to other local educational institutions.