24 Aircraft Indian Flight School Established By A Former India Prime Minister
Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine
4 ZLIN 242L
13 Diamond DA-40
2 Diamond DA-42
Two Simulators for DA-40 aircraft
One Simulator for DA-42 multi-engine aircraft
At least 17 years old, 10+2 or equivalent with Math, Physics, and English, General Candidates-55% marks in Physics and Maths.
While India transitioned from the propeller to the Jet Age, the Government of India established its first dedicated national aviation training academy in 1985 under the name of Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA). The Government anticipated the need for a leading training institute for pilots with the latest technologies of the time. Established in Fursatganj, district of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh, the Academy strives to create a center of excellence for training commercial pilots, providing trainees with the best available training facilities.Courses offered:
- Commercial Pilot License (with option for BSc Aviation Degree)
- Simulator Training
- Multi Engine Endorsement
- Instrument Rating
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi has built up a highly advanced laboratory facility with all the latest software to make students competent in a wide range of computer applications and flying-related computer-based training. The lab is connected to a high-speed Internet network and is installed with all necessary peripheral devices.
- To keep students up-to-date with the news and correlate it with the historical record, two systematically organized libraries located in the ground training and flight operations department are provided.
- Life at IGRUA - The academy favors a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. It has a well-equipped gym, both for girls and boys separately. The newly built swimming pool gives you cool fun during the summer and is open from morning until late evening. When it comes to sports, each hostel is equipped with football ground, basketball court, volleyball court, indoor badminton, squash court, and table tennis tables.
- In Campus Hostel and Mess - Students from different regions of India and studying at IGRUA have the luxury of a well-established homely atmosphere in the in-campus hostel, which can accommodate almost 200 students. The students can avail of this opportunity on a first-come, first-serve basis.The Mess serves hygienic and good quality meals with a wide range of snacks available at a reasonable price.
In IGRUA, facilities and training were provided to enable a cadet to become a better person, both professionally and personally. Within a short period of 18 months, IGRUA will transform you into a high-quality professional.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY” button and send us a message.
For more information on pilot training in India, check out How to become a Pilot in India.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot in a certain country, check out the How to become a Pilot Guides Aviationfly has created for more than 100 countries.