2 Aircraft Flying Club offering RPL and PPL
Private Pilot License
Cessna 152, Cessna 172
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
18 years of age and hold an appropriate immigration visa, Class 1/2 medical, willing to undergo an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) check, English Language 5.5 IELTS or TOEFL 530 (paper based)
Manning River Aero Club (MRAC), founded in 1960, is Aero Club located at Taree on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia operating from Taree Airport which gives students excellent conditions for their training. Manning River Aero Club can offer to the students a friendly and relaxed surrounding with amazing modern facilities. The training will commence on the Cessna 152 where the student will learn all the basic flying skills and afterwards will continue on 2004 auto-pilot equiped Cessna 172. Manning River Aero Club currently offers only Recreational Pilot License and Private Pilot License trainings.
If you have any questions about the training institute or training courses it offers please click the yellow "CONTACT NOW" button.
Manning River Aero Club training will commence on the Cessna 152 where you will learn all the basic flying skills you will need for your future career or hobby of flying. First solo will probably take place at around 15 hours of flying. However, this varies with each student. The first big test is the RPL (Recreational Pilot License) where you will demonstrate your newly learnt skills. After this you will be able to take passengers in the training area. Many students are satisfied with this level of skill but if you wish to advance to a PPL (Private Pilots License) then you move into the Cessna 172 Skyhawk. Then starts the exciting stage of navigation and flying to places such as Walcha, Tamworth, Armidale, Coffs Harbour, Bankstown etc. At the completion of your training you will undertake your test to obtain your PPL and being a fully qualified private pilot, you will be able to fly anywhere in Australia.
If you are about to START Pilot Training you will need a few things:
- Pilot Logbook - https://amzn.to/2JJRBMm
- Pilot Tablet Knee-pad - https://amzn.to/2KuWwlr
- Pilot Flight Bag - https://amzn.to/2KibElf
If you are interested to read more about pilot training, check out these books which we recommend:
- “The Realization of a Boyhood Dream: The Path to my Private Pilot License” (https://amzn.to/2rfMjkb ) which is an interest read if you want to know what the initial pilot training will be like
- “The Student Pilot’s Flight Manual: From First Flight to Pilot Certificate" (https://amzn.to/2I4DcNI ) a very extensive book and containing almost all the information you will learn during your training for Private Pilot License!