6 Aircraft Flight School which is the first in Oman providing both Civil and Military Aviation Training
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
Public Authority of Civil Aviation (PACA) of Oman
Please contact for more information
Oman Aviation Academy (OAA), located at Sohar Airport, is the first aviation training academy in Oman and aims to provide a high standard of civil and military aviation training for the Middle East and Africa region.
The academy is based at Sohar Airport and operated by CAE Oxford, allowing pilots to gain an Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) from EASA, after which they will qualify for work with both regional and international airlines.
Oman Aviation Academy has a capacity for 150 trainees. It includes a 3000sqm aircraft hangar, an area of 4000sqm for the student housing, tower and a taxi way.
The training aircraft fleet is supposed to grow to nine single engine piston aircraft and four twin-engine aircraft for flight training and simulators.
Oman Air is the first airline partner and it has signed a training agreement with Oman Aviation Academy for the training of 48 students every year for Oman Air.
Advantages of Oman Aviation Academy
- Partnership with CAE - CAE is a worldwide leader in aviation training for the civil and military. With 50+ training locations across the globe, CAE has the largest civil aviation network in the world.
- PACA and EASA Approved Training Organization (ATO) - OAA will become an Approved Training Organization (ATO) by the Public Authority for Civil Aviation of Oman (PACA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Oman Aviation Academy Training Facilities - At OAA, the fully integrated facility has been designed to meet the state of art technology for the aviation training organization. All classrooms will be equipped with cutting edge training aids in a very comfortable atmosphere to enhance the learning process for the cadets. The facilities include full in-house campus for all cadets.
- Training Equipment - OAA will be equipped with state of the art and the best aviation training equipments in the market to deliver the highest standard of quality in the aviation training industry. This will include all brand new fleet of airplanes to the highest level of Flight Training Devices (FTDs).
- Highest Standard Military Training Programs - OAA through its partnership with well recognized military training organization will provide the highest military training program to its customers. The training program can be tailored to all customer needs.
The Academy is a joint venture between Oman National Investments Development Company (TANMIA), The Omani Authority for Partnership for Development (OAPFD), Airbus Helicopters, Al-Hosn Investment Company and the Ministry of Defence Pension Fund.