13 Aircraft Flight School, one of the largest in India, with a large number of graduates flying with International Airlines which is part of the Hindustan Group of Institutions
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Flight Instructor course
5 Cessna 152, 5 Cessna 172, Piper Seneca III, King Air C90A and Hawker 400
ALSIM AL50, ALSIM AL250, FLIGHTRiX
Directorate General of Civil Aviation India
A pass in Class 10 or Equivalent (No restriction on age) for PPL and A pass in 12th Std. (Physics, Mathematics & English) or Equivalent for CPL
Orient Flights Aviation Academy, located in Mysore, was established in 2015 with the aim to be one of the leading Pilot Training Institutions approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Government of India. The 2015 established Pilot School is part of a larger Group which was established in 1994, known as Orient Flight School it operates in Puducherry (formerly known as Pondicherry), and has trained hundreds of pilots, including those formally sponsored by the state Governments of Jharkhand and Karnataka over the last 22 years.Courses offered:
- Student Pilot License
- Private Pilot License
- Commercial Pilot License
- B.B.A. Aviation Management
- Instrument Rating
- Flight Instructor Rating
- Assistant Flight Instructor Rating
- Recency Flying
Today Orient Flights manages one of the largest and most versatile fleet in the country - it has a fleet of 8 aircraft which includes 2 Cessna 152, 5 Cessna 172 and a Piper Seneca III. The fleet strength is set to increase in the near future as the Indian Aviation sector Pilot demand is greatly increasing. The Cessna and the Seneca Aircraft are used for Single and Multi Engine pilot training respectively. The C-90 and the Beech jet are used exclusively for charter operations.
Key motto's at Orient Flights Aviation Academy are "Safety before Self" and "Knowledge is Power" which both sum up their core philosophy. Orient Flights is proud to introduce the latest in flight training technology with the modern fleet of aircraft. This brings a new level of safety and confidence to the trainees apart from making it easier for them to get adapted to the next generation aircraft.Why join Orient Flights Aviation Academy?
- Experienced Institution - Orient Flights Aviation Academy (OFAA) is one of the best Pilot Training Institutions in India, approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. Orient Flying School (OFS) which is also by the same management has been successfully operating in Pondicherry since 1994 and during the past 23 years has trained a large number of airline pilots to obtain Commercial Pilot License (CPL). You should choose OFAA, Mysore because of its distinct advantages. OFAA stands one of the Best Pilot Training Academies near Bangalore which is 155 Kilometres from Bangalore.
- Favorable Flying Weather - One of South India’s most famous tourist destinations, Mysore in Karnataka (which recently changed its name from Mysore) is known for its glittering royal heritage and magnificent monuments and buildings. It’s just 3 hours road travel from Bangalore to reach Orient Flights Aviation Academy campus. The city has been retaining its reputation for being the cleanest city in the country ever since the award was announced. What’s more? Mysore acquits a pleasant climate throughout the year favorable for flying.
- Operational Airfield - Mysore airfield is a fully functional with a dedicated control tower manned by Airport Authority of India, along with the requirements for civil flight operations. However, since civil flights do not operate here, the aerodrome, airspace, and facilities are available to our student pilots exclusively.
- Quality Training - Being the youngest among flying institutions, the student pilot gets undivided and individual attention from highly experienced quality Flight Instructors. Student pilots would be able to complete his or her mandatory flying hours at a record pace.
- Modern and Versatile Fleet - Five of Cessna 172 Skyhawk and two of Cessna 152 aircraft based at Mysore are used for PPL training in a single-engine aircraft category. Multi-engine training for CPL program is imparted on a Piper Seneca aircraft. It is the policy of OFAA to strive to provide most modern aircraft for safe and efficient training to students
- Advanced Flight Simulator - Simulator training for all student pilots would be conducted at Mysore. The Flight Simulator is state of the art, in which a student can practice all flight profiles, abnormal procedures, emergency drills, visual procedures and Instrument approach procedures.
Orient Flights is the Aviation Wing, under the Hindustan Group of Institutions, with its Head Quarters at Chennai. The Group has been offering a wide range of courses in Engineering, Management, Applied Sciences and Aviation for over three decades.
Orient Flights 23 years of Pilot Training have made them obtain fantastic awards such as the award "Fast 50 India's Most Promising Brand 2017" in Aviation Sector.
DGCA Approval: Orient Flights obtained its initial approval as a Flying Training Organisation (FTO), to operate at Puducherry airport on 23 Dec 1994, vide DGCA letter no. AV-22011/6/93-FG, dated 9 Jan 95. This initial approval was periodically renewed every year, during the past 22 years.
The flight training at Orient Flights Aviation Academy meets international standard in accordance with regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY” button and send us a message.
For more information on pilot training in India, check out How to become a Pilot in India.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot in a certain country, check out the How to become a Pilot Guides Aviationfly has created for more than 100 countries.