South African Flight School specializes in the integrated course leading to the Commercial Pilot Licence with multi-engine Instrument Rating – CPL/ IR (ME).
Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Type Rating, Flight Instructor course
Piper Warrior III, PA28-161, and Vulcanair P68R
Flight and Navigation Procedures Trainers level II (FNPT II)
South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
At least 17 years old, Pass medical exam
Progress Flight Academy specialises in providing premium flight training in multi-engine piston aeroplanes. It is located in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. It is a South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) approved flight school. Apart from this, it is known as the only flight school in South Africa using FNPT II that precisely replicate the aeroplane used for instrument rating.
• Flight Instructor Rating
• Airline Pilot Programme
• Pilot Career Programme
• Flight Training
• Flight Instructor
• Professional Pilot - Modular Training
• Professional Pilot - Integrated Training
• Private Pilot Licence
Why join Progress Flight Academy?
- Training is done in an aircraft fleet composed of Piper Warrior III PA28-161, and Vulcanair P68R and 2 FNPT II simulator. Moreover, it has its own aircraft maintenance organisation that handles all routine service and maintenance.
- Courses offered by Progress Flight Academy are based on best international practice, which is the European Aviation Safety Authority Flight Crew Licencing (EASA-FCL) standard.
- Many of its graduates transition immediately to a medium jet airliner type rating with excellent success.
- The training syllabus has been developed over more than 25 years of experience with the highly successful modular course.
- The integrated course is highly structured of exceptionally high standards. It is the market leader in quality Professional Pilot Training in South Africa.
- Progress aerodrome is a CAA licensed Private aerodrome for the exclusive use of Progress Flight Academy. There are two grass runways of 800 m and 660 m length.
Students are accommodated in single study-bedrooms in one of the three ‘lodges’ on the aerodrome campus. Each ‘lodge’ has twelve study-bedrooms, ablutions, a small kitchenette, and a lounge with DSTV. Wireless internet access is available free of charge in all lodges. Additional accommodation is available on site in the ‘Thatched House’.
Courses include full board accommodation for the duration of the course in one continuous period. This consists of three meals a day, tea or coffee at any time, laundry, and course-related transport.
We would like to assist you in picking a flight school and can answer your questions about this school or other options – please click the yellow “REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY” button and send us a message.
If you are looking for a guide on how to become a pilot click here to see all the countries that we cover.