High School Diploma
Sapphire International Aviation Academy founded in 2004 and based in Paranaque City, Manila is an aviation educational institution with a love-based learning environment anchored on moral and spiritual values designed to enable aviation students, regardless of nationality, race or creed to become successful and highly responsible aviation professionals; Private and Commercial Pilots, Flight Attendants, Flight Dispatchers, Aviation Maintenance Technicians, Avionics Technicians, Ground Handlers, in the local, national, and international arena.
If you have any questions about the training institute or training courses it offers please click the yellow "REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY" button.
Sapphire International Aviation Academy offers: Baccalaureate Degree courses, Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Flight Instructor License, Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT), Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), Flight Operations Officer Course (FOO), Flight Attendant Training (Cabin Crew), Tourism & Travel Management Services, Hotel & Restaurant Servicing (HRS), Aircraft Run-up & Taxiing and Cabin Mechanic course.
In 2016 Sapphire International Aviation Academy started a new course - Bachelor of Science in Aviation Engineering Technology (a new 4 year course putting together the 2 year aircraft maintenance technology AMT course and 2 year aviation electronics technology AET course).
Sapphire International Aviation Academy specific aircraft maintenance courses are listed below:
- Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT) - This 2-year diploma course aims to prepare a student for jobs in in aircraft maintenance, overhaul & repair. AMT students learn all about aerodynamics, airframe and engine inspection, weight and balance, aircraft instrument systems, aviation materials and processes, aircraft structures, engine cooling and fire-protection systems, landing gear systems, cabin atmosphere control systems, trouble-shooting, etc. SIAA’s aviation workshop and laboratory is fully equipped to provide ample opportunities for hands-on exposure to aviation systems. After graduation and gaining practical experience and actual exposure to real aviation environments through On-the-Job-Training (OJT) with established aviation companies, the student is eligible to apply for a CAAP Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic License.
- Aircraft Run-up and Taxiiing - In this phase of training as part of the Aircraft Maintenance Technician Course (AMT), students gain practical hands-on experience in aircraft ground operations including engine run-up and taxiing or ground movement of aircraft. This greatly helps AMT students in getting the inside feel of running up and taxiing an aircraft, particularly, in building up their confidence in their work as aircraft mechanics.
- Aviation Electronics Technology (AET) - This 2-year diploma course aims to prepare a graduate for employment with airlines and aviation companies as world-class Avionics Technicians responsible for installation, test, calibration, and repair of various kinds of electronic communication and navigation equipment onboard an aircraft, like altimeters, compasses, air speed indicators, attitude indicators, turn coordinators, radio communications equipment, rate of climb indicators, direction finders, collision avoidance systems, transponders, auto-pilot systems, gyros, ELTs, back-up systems, etc. After graduation and gaining practical experience through On-the-Job-Training, the student is eligible to apply for Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (AMS) License.
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Engineering Technology (BS AET) - This 4-year course enables students to earn a degree in aviation that puts together the 2-year Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT) Course and the 2-year Aviation Electronics Technology (AET), or Avionics Course in one comprehensive and logical course that SIAA’s brain thrust had designed to satisfy the need for a degree course and make graduates more “marketable” and, therefore, more preferred by aviation employers anywhere in the world. Graduates of this course can secure professional aviation maintenance licenses, like AMT and AMS from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP). As approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), the BS-AET Course provides students ample time for more technical subjects in Power Plant, Airframe, and Avionics that will strengthen their training to be truly globally competitive in their aviation maintenance careers where specialization is always a must.
If you are about to START Aircraft Maintenance Training you will need the below:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Logbook - https://amzn.to/2wFGCC8
- If you are studying Airframe and Power Plant and are looking for additional study material we recommend checking out this Jeppesen A&P General Kit - https://amzn.to/2wEi2RW
If you are interested to read more about aircraft maintenance training, check out these books which we recommend:
- “Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Seventh Edition” (https://amzn.to/2jQSwzA) a valuable resource for students of aviation technology
- “Aviation Mechanic Handbook: The Aviation Standard” (https://amzn.to/2IConlz) a core reference for mechanics, aircraft owners and pilots