Largest independent pilot training group in Singapore part of ST Aerospace
Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine, Type Rating
50+ aircraft at the Australia and United States of America Flight training platforms
Airbus A320 Full Flight Simulator and Fixed based Simulator
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Civil Aviation Safety Authority (Australia) and Federal Aviation Administration (USA)
Please click SPEAK WITH US to get more information
ST Aerospace Academy (STAA), a member of ST Engineering/ST Aerospace - one of the world's leading aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul service providers, was established in 2007 and was the first non-airline affiliated flight training organisation headquartered in Singapore to offer commercial pilot training services to airlines and aspiring individuals. In addition to Pilot Training the ST Aerospace Academy offers Aircraft Maintenance Training and Cabin Crew Training.ST Aerospace Academy’s pilot training network includes a Simulator Training Centre in Singapore’s Seletar Aerospace Park and two flight training bases – one in Texas, USA and the other in Victoria, Australia. Apart from conventional Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) training programmes, ST Aerospace Academy is among a select few flight training organisations in the world to train airline cadets on the competency-based Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL) programme. As a one-stop pilot training solutions provider, ST Aerospace Academy's offerings also include dry and wet leasing of simulators, advanced training such as Multi Crew Cooperation and Type Rating courses, recurrent training, as well as customised programmes for airlines.
If you have any questions about ST Aerospace Academy or training courses it offers please click the yellow "REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY" button.
STAA has also been certified by the Council of Private Education (CPE) under the Ministry of Education and was awarded with EduTrust Provisional Certification in 2014 which allow the academy to provide high-quality training courses to international students as well.
ST Aerospace Academy offers the following courses:
- Ab-initio Pilot Training
- TigerAir Multi-Crew Pilot License program - 18 months full time program following completion pilots will start their flying career with TigerAir
- CAAS Commercial Pilot License - 18 months full time course with the ATPL Ground School being done in Singapore and Flight training in the United States
- CAAS ATPL (Theory)
- FAA Commercial Pilot License - theory and flight training of the FAA CPL is conducted at the USA campus at Aviation Academy of America (AAA) in Hondo, Texas
- CASA Commercial Pilot License (Australia) - theory and flight training of the CASA CPL course is conducted at the Australian campus.
- Advanced/Simulator Training - Multi-crew cooperation and type rating courses on the Airbus A320 using the Airbus A320 Full Flight and Fixed based Simulator
- Cabin Crew Training - Safety and Emergency Procedures and other cabin crew training programmes to meet the operational requirements of the industry
- Aircraft Maintenance Training - STAA works closely with ST Aerospace Technical Training Centre to offer a comprehensive suite of basic, advanced and customised technical training courses. ST Aerospace Technical Training Centre is certified by CAAS and EASA as a Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation to provide basic engineering courses required for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence, as well as aircraft type training for a wide range of narrow-body and wide-body aircraft.
ST Aerospace Academy has three location: Singapore, Australia and the United States, each location is described below in more detail:
- Singapore: STAA is headquartered in Singapore, strategically located within Seletar Aerospace Park, a purpose-built integrated business park for aviation-related companies, STAA is well connected to major expressways, and within 15 minutes' drive from Changi International Airport and the Central Business District respectively. With a dynamic aerospace business ecosystem, self-contained amenities and great accessibility, Seletar Aerospace Park stands out as an ideal location for both work and play. The HQ is co-located with our Simulator Training Centre which is equipped with an A320 Full Flight Simulator and an A320 Fixed Base Simulator.
- Australia: STAA's Australian campus is located in Ballarat - Victoria's third largest city and just about an hour by car west of Melbourne. Ballarat is one of two ab-initio flight training bases in the pilot training network and offers a conducive flying environment with its close proximity to many satellite airfields around the municipal airport. The campus operates a modern fleet of aircraft equipped with Electronic Flight Instrument System to allow cadets to train in a cockpit environment that is similar to that found in commercial airliners. Its flight operations centre features an apron for up to 40 aircraft, a purpose-built tower for safe flight operations and briefing/debriefing rooms for effective learning. There is also a modern academic building with computer-based training rooms for the conduct of theory lessons. Training aside, cadets enjoy a vibrant campus lifestyle with regular organised events and excursions, fully furnished accommodation and the convenience of school transport and airport meet & greet services. STAA's Australian campus is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) RTO ID 40689 accredited to issue national recognised qualifications for its CASA CPL and Instrument Rating courses.
- USA: STAA's USA campus is located in Hondo - which is in Texas and just about 40 minutes by car north of San Antonio, the second largest city in Texas. Aviation Academy of America (AAA) is one of two ab-initio flight training bases under the STAA's commercial pilot training network. The campus offers flight training courses to both local and international students, using a modern fleet of aircraft equipped with Electronic Flight Instrument System which allows cadets to train in a cockpit environment that is similar to that found in commercial airliners. AAA is a US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 141 and SEVP-approved flight academy. It is also approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to conduct flight training under the CAAS CPL programme.
ST Aerospace Academy is ideally suited for students looking to become commercial airline pilots.