High School Diploma
The School of Aviation of the University of Perpetual Help Rizal, offers a number of different aviation training areas. The school prepares students to become qualified airmen to assume leading roles particularly in the areas of aircraft research, development, manufacturing, maintenance, operation, and aviation education through comprehensive training, modern facilities, and highly qualified faculty.
University of Perpetual Help Rizal School of Aviation training courses all comply with the requirements by the Air Transportation Office of the Philippines, International Engineering and Technological Standards Regulations in Aviation, and Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.
The University of Perpetual Help Rizal School of Aviation has first rate equipment and facilities such as Sheet Metal Laboratory, Hydraulic Landing Gear System Trainer, Ice and Rain Protection Trainer, Cabin Atmosphere Control and Pressurization System, Dual-Turbine Electrical System, and Engine Run-Up Stand, and FLY-IT Flight Simulator Trainer which are used by extensively experienced licensed aviation faculty to teach aspiring aeronautical engineers, aircraft maintenance professionals, and plane technicians the knowledge and proficiency needed to excel in the world of aviation.
The University of Perpetual Help Rizal School of Aviation also has a flight academy with 3 Cessna training aircraft offering Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, Instrument Rating, Multi-engine Rating and Flight Instructor courses.
Other courses on offer are: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering (BSAE), Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics Technician Program.
Why study in University of Perpetual Help School of Aviation?
- It is the only aviation school under a university
- The school has adequate equipment and facilities to support comprehensive learning and training.
- Our well-educated and highly experienced faculty cares for student’s well-being and academic performance.
- We regularly conduct parent and faculty interaction regarding student’s academic performance and conduct.
- We offer lower tuition fees per semester compared to other privately-owned aviation schools.
Specific aircraft maintenance courses by University of Perpetual Help Rizal School of Aviation on offer:
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering (BSAE) - The University of Perpetual Help Rizal School of Aviation offers the Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering (BSAE). Aeronautical Engineering is a field of science that deals with the principles of flight and related engineering disciplines and their applications to research and development, planning, design, manufacture, operation, maintenance, repair, modification and inspection of aircraft, spacecraft and their systems and components. Aside from their professional knowledge and skills, the students must be able possess a strong foundation in the physical and basic engineering sciences as well as in human relations to enable them to meet the challenges being brought about by the rapid technological progress in Aeronautics.
- Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology - four year technical course and aims the following:
- To provide knowledge and skills to students in construction, inspection and operation of aircrafts.
- To introduce and prepare students in planning, operation, management and maintenance relating to Aircraft Maintenance and system components.
- To make students be a human Aircraft Specialist.
- To train and equip students with knowledge of their professionalism responsibilities on ethics and laws.
- Aircraft Maintenance & Avionics Technician Program - The Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics Technician programs are designed to equip the students in all aspects of aviation maintenance. Half of the training time is spent directly on aircraft structures, engines and its accessories both jet and piston powered aircraft.Modern airplanes are complicated machines with parts that should work safely yet within maximum resistance. To maintain a plane in optimum operating condition, Aircraft Maintenance Technology and Aviation Electronics Technology Mechanics/Avionics conduct regular preventive maintenance, replace parts, and thorough inspections required by the International Engineering and Technological Standards Regulations in Aviation and Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
1. Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT)
This course deals with the maintenance of the aircraft to include its Airframe, Powerplant and Basic Systems. The Curriculum for the two-year AMT Program has a total of 39 Subjects with 118 units. It is composed of 23 Professional Aircraft Maintenance Subjects with 79 units and 16 Non-Professional General Education Subjects with 39 units. The 16 Non-Professional Subjects include one (1) Subject in Mathematics, one (1) in Mechanical Drawing, Four (4) in English, Four (4) in Physical Education, Four (4) in Filipino Christian Living (UPHSD-required Subjects), and Two (2) in National Service Training Program(Military Science).2. Aviation Electronics Technology (AET) / Avionics
This course deals with the maintenance of various Electronic Systems installed in the Aircraft used in Aircraft Operation, Communication, and Navigation. The two-year Curriculum for the AVT Program consists of 43 Subjects with 112 Units; of which 27 subjects with 73 units are Professional Aviation Electronics (Avionics) Subjects and the remaining 16 Subjects with 39 units are Non-Professional General Education Subjects. The 16 Non-Professional Subjects for AMT and AVT Programs are the same
For more information about the training institute and courses please click the yellow "REGISTER FOR FREE WITH AVIATIONFLY" button.
If you are about to START Aircraft Maintenance Training you will need the below:
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Logbook - https://amzn.to/2wFGCC8
- If you are studying Airframe and Power Plant and are looking for additional study material we recommend checking out this Jeppesen A&P General Kit - https://amzn.to/2wEi2RW
If you are interested to read more about aircraft maintenance training, check out these books which we recommend:
- “Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Seventh Edition” (https://amzn.to/2jQSwzA) a valuable resource for students of aviation technology
- “Aviation Mechanic Handbook: The Aviation Standard” (https://amzn.to/2IConlz) a core reference for mechanics, aircraft owners and pilots