Global Aviation SA was founded by a group of aviation experts in 1997, having its base in Athens, Greece. Since its incorporation, Global Aviation has a mission of offering top-quality services in the fields of, pilot and cabin crew training, aircraft maintenance and aircraft sales. Global Aviation, is currently the oldest and largest ATO in Greece, operating a state-of-the-art fleet of 16 single and multi-engine training aircraft and 3 flight simulators, including a brand new A320 FNPT II, suitable for the APS MCC. Global Aviation is one of the few, if not the only, ATO in Europe with a private airfield ideal for ab initio pilot training. Global Aviation trains 120 cadet pilots per year from all over the world and employs a workforce of 80 people. Moreover, Global Aviation is a minority shareholder in London-based aviation consultancy Aviation Strategy, a distributor of Piper Aircraft in the region, long-running partner of Bristol Groundschool and member of Wings Alliance, as well as training partner of Aegean Airlines, running the first-ever cadet programme in Greece, and EPST in the Netherlands, among others.
The integrated training Global Aviation offers, is the quickest and least expensive route to becoming a commercial pilot. Integrated programs are flight programs that allow students with zero flight hours to gain the necessary experience to become commercial pilots in a very short amount of time, covering the minimum training duration of one (1) year that EASA requires. These programs typically encompass a 7-month ground school training and a flight training of 230 hrs in single and multi-engine aircrafts and in FNTP II Flight Simulators.
Global Aviation offers a wide variety of other courses as well, such as Private Pilot License, Pilot License Conversions, Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Training, APS-MCC Enhanced MCC, Modular Courses, Cabin Crew Training and private simulator sessions.
- ATP Integrated
- ATP Modular Theory
- ICAO-EASA Conversion CPL/IR/MEP
- CPL/IR/MEP Modular
- CPL/IRSEP/MEP/IRMEP Modular
- APS-MCC Enhanced MCC
- Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Training
- Private Pilot License PPL (A)
- Cabin Crew Course (CCC)
- English Language Proficiency (ELP)
Aircraft & Simulator
Global Aviation students have a unique opportunity to train on a variety of new aircraft, all equipped with latest technology avionics. Global Aviation uses 12 PA-28 Piper Warriors and 2 Cessna 172 Skyhawks for the single – engine piston training exercises, and 2 Piper Seminoles for the multi- engine piston training exercises.
Most of the demanding instrument training is conducted on 2 Elite FNPT II flight simulators, where students can be pushed to their limits and exploit the full range of possibilities of simulated instrument flying and a state-of-the-art Simnest A320 FNPT II MCC simulator.
- 12 PA-28 Warriors
- 2 Piper Seminoles
- 2 Cessna 172 Skyhawks
- 2 Elite FNPT II flight simulators
- 1 Simnest A320 FNPT II MCC simulator
Approvals & Partnerships
- Global Aviation S.A. has been training pilots for private and commercial courses, since 1997, when it was approved by the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA). In 2004, the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) inspected and approved Global Aviation as Approved Training Organization (EL.ATO.102), according to Joint Aviation Regulations (JAR). In 2012, the academy adopted the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part-FCL standards.
- Global Aviation S.A. is approved by the HCAA and EASA to offer Cabin Crew Training Courses as EL.CCTO.102.
- Global Aviation S.A. is certified by the HCAA and EASA to offer maintenance and continuous airworthiness management services for single and multi-engine piston airplanes, as Maintenance Organization EL.CAO.0002.
- Global Aviation S.A. is a certified test centre (EL.LAB.102) for the ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
- Global Aviation S.A. has joined forces with Austro Control and is part of the large network of Austro Control examination centers, providing a strong and flexible advantage to all its students. The examination center is located in the School’s Headquarters, 98 Athinon Av. Athens, Greece.
Global Aviation S.A. has a strong network of partner organizations around the world, in the fields of pilot training, aircraft manufacturing and maintenance, as well as aviation specialists in aviation finance and pilot recruitment.
- Global Aviation S.A. is an official training partner of Aegean Airlines, running the first-ever cadet programme in Greece.
- Global Aviation S.A. is an official training partner of European Pilot Selection & Training (EPST) ,trainer of airline pilots in the Netherlands.
- Global Aviation SA is partners with Aviation Strategy Ltd, a London based boutique strategic consultancy to the air transportation industry specialising in the in-depth analysis of contemporary aviation issues, business planning, due diligence and supporting financial transactions.
- Global Aviation S.A. Aircraft Sales is the exclusive distributor of Piper Aircraft in Greece and Cyprus, as well as a sales agent of Bombardier Business Jets in the region.
- Global Aviation S.A. and the Airline Pilot Club have launched a partnership that is aimed at providing aspirant airline pilots with professional guidance and high-quality theoretical and practical training as they progress on the route to becoming an airline pilot career.
- Global Aviation S.A. is a member of Wings Alliance.
Applying to Global Aviation is an easy and transparent process, with information readily available on our website: https://www.globalaviationsa.com/gr/en/admissions/
You must be at least 17 years of age and the 4 main steps are the following:
- Medical Certificate: The student pilot will undergo several routine-based medical examinations. If all standards are met, then the student can proceed to the second stage of the assessment.
- Assessment: An assessment will take place at the Academy’s Ground School Training Center in Athens, Greece. The applicant shall start the assessment with an English language evaluation and a basic pre-entry test, followed by an interview with our Admissions representative and it is completed with the Compass test.
- Visa Issuing: Students, who are non-European citizens, must undergo through a visa issuing process before their enrolment.
- Enrollment: The student pilot after his/her successful medical test and assessment, can proceed to his/her enrolment in the Academy’s first available class.